The Report highlights that for filmed entertainment 58% of spending is on physical discs while 42% is for digital formats.  For video game content 31% of consumer spending is for physical discs, 41% for digital content and 28% for mobile games.

Other findings include:

• Over 70% of video consumption takes place on the television.
  • Younger viewers are selecting other screens as their primary entertainment platforms. The laptop is ranked ahead of the television for those ages 18-34.
  • Household penetration of set-top and portable streaming devices reached 25% at the end of 2014.
  • 51% of U.S. households own a dedicated game console.
  • 53% of video gamers say they prefer to buy the physical game over the digital version.
The Report aggregates data from leading industry analysts in the home video and video game markets.  Some of the organizations and companies contributing data to the Report include: Consumer Electronics Association, DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group, Forbes Magazine, GfK Entertainment, Home Media Magazine, IHS Technology, Frank N. Magid Associates, The Nielsen Company, The NPD Group, Rentrak Corporation, and Wedbush Securities.

Comments

Thanks for sharing the official report regarding to the annual Industry report. There are many fake reports that are shared all around the Internet, but that one is confidential and real.

03/12/2017 12:17am

I think that the majority of the Millenials in today's generation is now more engaged in using Digital technologies. Household, on the other hand, sticks with the traditional platform which are the television and radios. I must say that as a Millenial, I still find it more relevant when I am using the traditional platform. I find it more informative and authentic when I am watching televisions most especially the news.

07/04/2017 7:40am

Contrary to popular belief, DVDs are actually still being used and patronized by many people today. Even though there are many websites available on the Internet where you can watch movies and TV shows, a lot of people still prefer to watch DVDs because some of them are not very keen in using the computer. These people are usually the Baby Boomers and Generation X. They are the ones who have been using DVDs since they were little kids so it's hard for them to easily switch from DVDs to digital copies because they have been used to using DVDs already. My parents actually have a huge collection of DVD movies and TV shows.

06/02/2017 7:06pm

It breaks my heart why some people can't see that some of us millennials are not really happy with all the need to be good at useless technological garbage. Who doesn't want to just sit in one corner and accomplish things at a normal human's capacity and speed? We have been manufactured to work and not live healthy lives. We feel worthless when we can't keep up. We are disposable. Will you ever know how that feels?

11/08/2016 8:55am

This annual report is pretty short, isn't it? I thought it will be a bit more informative.

12/06/2016 10:56am

It's bad to know that kids nowadays prefer video games rather than physical games. Although, video games help the kid's mental ability, it is also better to balance it with physical games. They lack exercise because of playing video games. Thus, it causes some illnesses to them. I think parents must do an action to inspire their kids to play outside.

Parents need to make sure they really know what's what in the game market. Don't get swindled by the sales talk and the hype of the newest games on the market. Find out about the content and the characters before shelling out your hard-earned money.

03/10/2017 6:16am

Hey I am for the first time here. I found this board and I to find It really helpful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something again and aid others such as you helped me.

03/22/2017 2:41am

May I translate this into my native language?

Sometime few educational blogs become very helpful while getting relevant and new information related to your targeted area. As I found this blog and appreciate the information delivered to my database.

05/09/2017 12:37am

05/15/2017 11:28pm

I thought it will be a bit more informative

06/08/2017 1:28am

I have read this Interesting post here thank you so much......

06/17/2017 2:58am

Transparency is important.

06/18/2017 7:31pm

I like how you emphasized that video consumption still wholly takes place in television. This explains the rise of Smart TVs. People still prefer a big screen in watching, whilst relaxing on a couch. That is why I am an avid user of Google Cast. You can put into the TV whatever videos you are watching in your laptop.

07/02/2017 11:44pm

Quite good things are added in that industry report.

Console games actually costs you very much.

07/15/2017 3:16am

Now day, everything is going to find a new but well settled and successful stream for their career. When I came to this blog, I really impressed by all the knowledge points mentioned here. Thank you for this assistance.

07/22/2017 6:04am

I read your post and I found it amazing! thank!

07/26/2017 4:39am

now not simplest the writing however also the creativeness power of creator of this blog is surely swish. Use of terminology seemed great as i'm also a creator but i'm not able to find out any mistakes after studying this text.

08/02/2017 11:07pm

A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. combat, law enforcement You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Great work.

08/12/2017 1:47am

Shop for the best Power Banks at unbeatable great prices online shopping from www.bestpowerbanksinindia.com